Health and Safety Training
Advantage ACT is a Health and Welfare SETA accredited institution. We offer on-site and client-specific Health and Safety courses in line with outcomes-based principles. Our outcomes-based Health Safety training therefore includes both a theoretical and practical component to ensure proper knowledge and skill transfer.
Advantage ACT is the marketing sub-contractor of BSCIC Certifications Pvt. Ltd. providing CQI-IRCA approved courses. BSCIC is an approved training partner of CQI-IRCA.
Providing on-site Occupational Safety training services for the last 15 years have made us specialists in this area. Due to the nature of Health and Safety, training should always have a practical bias and we believe that training sessions on-site, ensure realistic application of the theory into practice. The learners will understand better when training is applied to their actual working environment.
We have discovered another advantage of scheduling our Occupational Health and Safety on-site. These training sessions presents an opportunity for company employees to:
- Discuss specific situations they encounter in their workplace.
- Build consensus about Health and Safety issues.
- Engage in team-building.
- Better understand the workplace Health and Safety program, functions and goals.
Advantage ACT presents our Health and Safety courses on our clients’ sites across Africa. In every instance, our course material is customized to reflect the OHS practices, country specific legislation and unique business environments of our clients.
The Advantage ACT Training Venue
We present a wide range of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) courses at our offices in Roodepoort, Gauteng.
It is our view that every one of our courses is designed to act as a building block in the career-path development process of a Occupational Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality professional.
Based on our experience, career-path development plans have been developed to assist you towards becoming successful in your SHEQ career. Free copies of the following 6 plans are available on request:
- Quality Professional
- Environmental Professional
- Integrated SHEQ Professional
- SHEQ course facilitator
- SHEQ Lead Auditor
- SHEQ Manager /Director
- Health Safety Courses
Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Courses
Advantage ACT offers public and on-site training courses. Our current course selection include the courses listed below. We specialize in customization of courses for on-site specific requirements:
- Health and Safety Induction (OHSAct and/or Mine H&S Act)
- First Aid Level 1,2 or 3 (Dept of Labour Approved)
- Health and Safety Representative – NQF Level 2
- An introduction to Safe Stacking and Storage
- Mine Health & Safety Act
- Construction Regulations
- Conduct a Continuous Risk Assessment in the Workplace (HIRA) – NQF Level 3
- Incident Investigation – NQF Level 3
- Critical Task Analysis course
- OHS Act & Regulations course
- OHS Act Legal Liability course
- SHEQ Management course
- Risk assessments for SHE Professionals
ASSOCIATE PROGRAM COURSES
- Train the Trainer
- ISO9001 Lead Auditor (CQI-IRCA approved)
- ISO14001 Lead Auditor (CQI-IRCA approved)
- ISO45001 Lead Auditor (CQI-IRCA approved)
- Integrated SHEQ Internal Auditor
- Auditing Sessions
- OHS Act Legal Compliance Auditor (Includes a free TABLET with an auditing tool installed)
- ISO 9001 Awareness
- ISO9001 Implementation
- ISO14001 Awareness
- ISO14001 Implementation
- ISO45001 Awareness
- ISO45001 Implementation
- Integrated SHEQ Awareness
- Integrated SHEQ Implementation
The list above is not complete. Kindly contact our offices for your customized requirements and your queries of other courses we might offer within the Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality discipline.